Gray Duck Coffee needed a brand developed, packaging designed, and an attractive e-commerce store created to sell their products.
The start-up Gray Duck Coffee approached SMP Studios to design and develop their visual identity and e-commerce website because we specialize in branding and fully understand the intricacies of cross-channel marketing. Visit the website »
Gray Duck Coffee is a start-up third wave coffee roaster serving the Chagrin Valley, OH area and broader Northeast Ohio. To thrive in the highly competitive specialty coffee market, Gray Duck needed a brand identity, packaging, and an attractively-branded digital platform where visitors could learn more about their products, buy them easily, and if they choose, seamlessly sign up for a coffee subscription.
Specifically, the branding and website had to fulfill the following business needs:
- Solidify the brand as a unique and respected player in the third wave coffee space.
- Increase awareness and visibility in target market and establish trust and credibility in the minds of potential customers.
- Feature a product packaging solution that offers flexibility with coffee bean supply.
- Execute a planned strategic digital marketing strategy to increase website traffic, nurture leads, and convert leads into sales.
- Sell a total of 150+ bags of coffee per month across all channels.
- Build a recurring revenue model of at least 50 coffee subscriptions by October 2017.
- Engage with customers on social media by reaching a goal of 200 Instagram and Facebook followers within one year.
Gray Duck Coffee is company with an abstract and whimsical name. They wished their brand to reflect its relaxed, yet articulate, voice. The logo we designed is bold, crisp, clean, and minimalist to reflect their coffee flavors. Another undertone of the brand is the abstract line patterns which symbolize the famous waterfalls of their small town in Ohio. Along with the logo, business cards, letterhead, and a brand standards guide were designed.
Starting with a product line of six coffee flavors, we created a system of package labels that represent a bold, rich color palette influenced by nature and the mallard duck. The brilliant colors are very attention-grabbing on store shelves and in the online store.
Website Design & Development
Along with providing customers with company and product information, the Gray Duck Coffee e-commerce website allows its customers to purchase individual bags as well as a subscription of freshly roasted coffee.
The new website assists their target audience in doing the following:
- Researching information about the third wave coffee roasting concept.
- Learning about Gray Duck Coffee products and easily purchase them online.
- Saving time by subscribing to a convenient coffee subscription.
- Sending an inquiry for wholesale options.
Ultimately, the Gray Duck Coffee website is a useful resource for new and existing customers, and potential new community partners.
With over 60 orders placed in their first month, Gray Duck Coffee is off to a great start. The owners, Alyson & Luke, are extremely pleased with their brand identity and website. And we hope that the future brings them great success!
Ready to get started?
If you'd like to talk to us about working together on your project, there are a few things we'd like to discover before getting started.